Create an Off-Highway Vehicle Club or Association
UP! Outside, in conjunction with the Executive Office of Energy and Environment Affairs, is holding a series of workshops across the State of Massachusetts to help enthusiasts form off-highway vehicle (OHV) clubs and associations. The purpose for the workshops is to create viable groups which can assist the OHV Coordinator create quality and sustainable OHV trails, areas, and systems within the State.
The second workshop is being offered on two different days and locations:
Monday :: Jan 28, 2019 :: West
- Jan 28, 2019
- 5:30 – 8:30pm
- Motorsports International
444 Washington Street
Auburn, MA 01501
Tuesday :: Jan 29, 2019 :: East
- Jan 29, 2019
- 5:30 – 8:30pm
- Higgins Powersports
140 Worcester Rd
Barre, MA 01005
There is no cost to attend the workshop, but space is limited so advanced registration is required. There will be no meals provided.
This second set of workshops will focus on the difference between a non-profit organization and a tax exempt organizations, types of tax-exempt organizations, requirements for 501c(3) versus other 501c(x) organizations, financial reporting, and fundraising.
Did you miss the first round for workshop one?
Don't worry, we are offering some webinar dates to get you caught up. Please note, you are welcome to attend the second workshop even if you are unable to partake in an offering of workshop one at this time.
- Jan 17, 2019 at 6:00pm Eastern :: Register
- Jan 21, 2019 at 5:30pm Eastern :: Register
- Jan 24, 2019 at 5:30pm Eastern :: Register
The entire workshop series will consist of 3 sets of workshops.
- The first set of workshops will cover the building blocks of club formation including topics such as importance of clubs, creating official documents such as by-laws and articles of incorporation, setting up board and officer positions, executive committees, creating a non-profit corporation, etc. The workshops are anticipated to last approximately 3.5 hours. There will be a mixture of lecture and hands-on activities.
- The second set of workshops is outlined above.
- The third set will include information on State and Federal taxes, forms involved, pros and cons of filing on your own or seeking the aid of a tax consultant.
In addition to the workshops, the program will allow, upon application, individual consulting time with UP! Outside via conference calls or video calls.
This workshop series will be repeated in the 2020 fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019.
For more information, or questions, please contact: